- How long have you been in CO? and a member of RMTC?
I am a Colorado native! Left for 4 years to go to Arizona State University, came back, and will be here forever!
This is my 5th year as a member of RMTC. I found out about it while riding at Peak To Peak computrainer studio. After back to back foot surgeries, I found myself without a group of people with whom to run/train. I was told my long distance running career was probably over, so I turned to triathlon. I have loved training and racing with RMTC peeps these past five years!
- What was your first endurance event?
I would say my very first endurance event was when my high school swim coach put me in the 500 yd. swim in a meet. I was a 50yd and 100yd sprinter!
- What’s your favorite (local) event?
my favorite local event is the Garden of the Gods 10 mile race. It is so beautiful!
- What is your A race this year?
My “A” race this year is ITU World Championships in Edmonton, Canada in August.
- What do you do when you’re not training?
When I am not training, you can find me on the trails! Love to trail run! Actually, I do this during training as well. Also, restorative yoga is another favorite. (Editors Note: KP loves this too –it’s like guided sleeping — and has run into Kim there which is super fun!)
- What is your favorite excuse for not training?
I really love to train, so try not to make too many excuses not to.
- What skill or experience would no one guess you have?
I am currently in my 30th year of teaching school in the same school! I have taught 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and currently 4th grade.
- Speed Round:Bathroom breaks: Wetsuit or wait?
Chews or Gels?
Sun or snow?
Swim, bike or run?